We’re here to inspire people to enjoy and learn from our collections and the stories they tell about Swindon and the world. We care for and develop these amazing collections and archives not only for you and your family today, but also for future generations.
These are your collections and they need your support. We’d love you to get involved.
Have you enjoyed our exhibitions and displays?
Swindon Museum & Art Gallery (Swindon MAG) welcomes donations from the public to help us buy new artworks and to conserve and care for our collection.
Every penny will help improve the museum and art gallery, the displays and its collections and is truly appreciated and makes a real difference to the work that we do.
Please help us make your local museum and art gallery even better!
Swindon MAG has very limited exhibition space and priority must be given to displaying our own collection and to funded exhibitions with a strong connection to our collections and local heritage. Our main gallery is programmed 24 months in advance. However, we do have the following areas which may sometimes be available for non-commercial/local exhibitions.
Community Display Window
Swindon MAG has a small exhibition window that can sometimes be available for non-commercial community/local exhibitions. We will prioritise displays that :
- link to our Collections
- are of proven interest to our visitors
- relate to Swindon history; and
- contribute to community engagement
If you are a local organisation or individual that has something you think will be of interest to display, please contact us at least 9 to 12 months in advance at SwindonMAG@swindon.gov.uk to discuss further. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate every request to use these spaces.
Community and Touring Exhibitions
- has a strong link to our collections or will provide context or a deeper understanding for our collections
- is informative, original and provides opportunities for learning
- focuses on history and/or culture
- focuses on Swindon and the surrounding area
- is relevant and appealing to our visitors; and
- provides opportunities for community engagement
For more information please contact us here, providing as much information as possible. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate every request.